Friday, May 2, 2008

What We Won't Do for Gardening

Even though I have contracted with my friends and neighbors to be their recycler--for wine bottles, only--and my husband and I doing our part, I am still far from my goal of 175 to 200 bottles for the edging on the new bed.

So, I decided to redirect the wine bottles in my extended neighbors' bins into my yard. Pickup is today. I had planned to forage under cover of darkness last night, but I got too busy and then too tired.

So, yes, if you happened to be driving through my neighborhood this morning, that was me. The lady with the bag, searching through the garbage.

7 comments:

  1. That would have been fun to see. I do love that idea of using wine bottles as an edging...would love to see your photos when you're ready!


    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh - the neighbors probably think you're out hiding the bottles in other people's bins rather than collecting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it would be impractical to send them, I plan on drinking a few bottles this weekend on your behalf. It won't do you any good, but it will me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee. I've been doing that with bags of leaves in my neighborhood these last few weeks. So far I haven't been busted. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you inspired me to try this myself. But I'm collecting beer bottles - wine would take me several years! I'm actully astonished how quickly they are piling up. Maybe we have a problem . . . :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you via the Mousies and Bumblebee, I think. I am intrigued by your wine bottle edging and would love to know more! Did you see it somewhere, maybe somewhere that I could see, too? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete